Sonnet Technologies, Inc.
Irvine, CA 92618
Sonnet Technologies, Inc., the world-wide market share leader in processor upgrade cards and enhancement products for Apple Macintosh computers as well as a manufacturer of iPod accessories and the 2004 recipient of the City of Irvine’s Family-Friendly Business Award in the Small Business category, has an immediate need for a Senior Buyer in the Irvine Spectrum area.
This position is responsible for all procurement activities in support of production, MRO, and engineering development. Vendor management, contract development, negotiations, and the inception of new procurement channels are also required.
1. Purchasing requirements for production parts, MRO supplies, and engineering parts using purchasing systems and tools.
2. Vendor management in support of contract and cost negotiations.
3. Planning activities that support purchasing and inventory management. Involvement with Production Planning and Inventory Control to insure zero production downtime.
4. Ensure the availability of production parts while at the same time minimizing inventory carrying costs and exposure.
5. Work closely with Engineering to support procurement of sample parts. Develop new vendor relationships and procurement channels necessary to support new business and supply chain objectives.
1. Materials expediting, cost tracking, and invoice management for procured items.
2. ERP system maintenance for purchasing and vendor related master files.
3. Reporting activities that support department objectives.
4. Continuous process and procedural improvements. Quarterly goals are used to promote these activities.
5. Perform duties as assigned by the VP of Operations.
1. BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
2. APICS certification a plus.
3. 8-10 years of purchasing experience with 3-5 years of Senior Buyer level responsibility in an electronics-manufacturing or high tech environment.
4. Strong components and electronic parts and related assembly experience required.
5. Strong computer experience working with ERP and desktop applications.
6. Excellent communication and negotiation skills required.
7. Excellent planning and organization skills required.
8. Strong work ethic and morals in support of purchasing excellence and best practices.
Sonnet Technologies offers an outstanding benefits package in a fast paced work environment. For more information about Sonnet Technologies, Inc., please visit our website at www.sonnettech.com.
Please forward your resume and include recent salary history. A cover letter describing your experience as it relates to this position is required. Please forward resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 949-305-2124.
Principals only, no third parties please.